Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
Learn more about our ACLS course & enroll today.
The Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Course (ACLS) is designed for healthcare providers who both guide or take part in the resuscitation of patients in pre-hospital or hospital settings. From this course, participants will learn procedures and techniques that enhance their skills in the treatment of cardiovascular emergencies through active involvement in a series of simulated cardiopulmonary cases designed to reinforce important concepts.
Educational Objectives for ACLS: At the conclusion of the course, participants will be able to:
• Identify an adult in peri-arrest and/or at risk of cardiopulmonary arrest;
• Exhibit the perceptive and psychomotor skills necessary for reviving and stabilizing an adult in respiratory failure, shock, or cardiopulmonary arrest;
• Demonstrate the use of the various airway and oxygen adjuncts and methods for optimum ventilation & airway control;
• Determine normal vs. abnormal cardiac patterns and the application of appropriate pharmacologic and electrical therapies to them;
• Explain the indications & dosages of medications used in cardiopulmonary arrest and the effects on the cardiovascular system;
• Perform techniques to obtain vascular access in adults via intraosseous cannulation (needle insertion) using EZIO
• Execute progressive skills in assessing and treating cardiopulmonary arrest in an adult patient.
Have Questions? We’re here to help.
Give us a call to find out more about EMS training options.
Sign up for our Newsletter
(We do not share your data with anybody, and only use it for its intended purpose)