Your First Step To Becoming An EMT
Learn more about our EMT (Basic) course & enroll today.
Become an EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) and work as an ER technician in an emergency department, a health care technician at schools, or work as an EMT on an ambulance. This is a required entry level position into Emergency Medical Services, including Fire Service and a prerequisite for any paramedic program. Evening and weekday courses available. Cost of course $1295.00.
Breakdown of Program Cost and Commonly Associated Fees
- Non-Refundable Registration Fee/Deposit = $250.00 (This fee is applied to total cost of course)
- Tuition = $695.00 (Due by orientation day or Payment Plan agreement completed)
- Equipment and Supplies = $350.00 (Due by orientation day and non refundable once accepted by student)
- $50.00 Book Keeping Fee = ONLY applies if Payment Plan is used
Equipment and Supplies is the following and is non refundable once accepted by student:
- All items are received by the first day of class and are non refundable once accepted by student
- Southern California EMS Training Institute blue polo shirt
- e-Text Book with online course access
- Student Equipment needed for course participation: Stethoscope, BP Cuff, Trauma Sheers, and Pen Light
**The following are required for participation in any EMT course and are NOT included in the cost of the course:
- American Heart Association Healthcare provider CPR card (A current AHA BLS card is required by the first day of class that will not expire within a year of the course start date)
- Must be 18 years old
- Must have High School Diploma, Transcripts, or GED
- Computer with online access
- Black work boots are required for uniform footwear, black Dickies style pants, and a watch
- Background Check done through Castlebranch.com
- Proof of Hepatitis B vaccination series
- Negative TB test or chest x-ray in the last 6 months
Have Questions? We’re here to help.
Give us a call to find out more about EMS training options.
Sign up for our Newsletter
(We do not share your data with anybody, and only use it for its intended purpose)